YoTrip Presents: September Is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Leukemias and cancers of the brain and central nervous system account for more than half of childhood cancers (see Question 1).
- The causes of childhood cancers are largely unknown (see Question 4).
- The National Cancer Institute is funding studies examining the causes of and the most effective treatments for childhood cancers (see Question 6).
- What are the most common types of childhood cancer?Among the 12 major types of childhood cancers, leukemias (blood cell cancers) and cancers of the brain and central nervous system account for more than half of the new cases. About one-third of childhood cancers are leukemias. The most common type of leukemia in children is acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The most common solid tumors are brain tumors (e.g., gliomas andmedulloblastomas), with other solid tumors (e.g., neuroblastomas, Wilms tumors, and sarcomassuch as rhabdomyosarcoma and osteosarcoma) being less common.
- How many children are diagnosed with cancer in the United States annually?In the United States in 2007, approximately 10,400 children under age 15 were diagnosed with cancer and about 1,545 children will die from the disease (1). Although this makes cancer the leading cause of death by disease among U.S. children 1 to 14 years of age, cancer is still relatively rare in this age group. On average, 1 to 2 children develop the disease each year for every 10,000 children in the United States (2).
You are invited to attend The YES! Network Social Event on September 21, 2013, 11:30-1:30 pm at O’Charley’s Restaurant in Orlando Florida. Guest Speaker Suzonna Warrenton, will be speaking on the topic, “How to Turn Your Passion into Profit.” Suzonna is the CEO and Owner of Tatin International Marketing. Suzonna is a Marketing Consultant and her experiences include assisting Fortune 500 companies as well as small businesses and individuals achieve greater recognition in the marketplace. My Video Talk Media Solutions will show you the latest creative and innovative communications technologies to help you achieve global marketing success! Learn how to use live video streaming broadcasts, schedule virtual boardroom meetings, design and customize email video messages, and on-demand video web channels to compliment your professional brand.
Do you want to be inspired and learn how to live triumphantly? Listen to The Dr. Loretta Faith Harris Radio Show on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday’s from 6:30 pm-7:00 pm EST, join us http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lorettafaithharris
~Words and Thoughts Artist~
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@yotrip729
or visit my page http://www.facebook.com/YoTrip
mouth, sweet sounds to my ears.The
results of a love affair between
pen and paper, words”
- Researchers uncover childhood cancer gene (globalnews.ca)
- Uniform Advantage Donates $1 per Scrub Top to Childhood Cancer (virtual-strategy.com)
- When a Child Has Cancer (everydayhealth.com)
- Vigil raises awareness for childhood cancer (newsherald.com)
- Cancer… That happens to other families. Part 1 (crazybeautifulchronicles.wordpress.com)