YoTrip Presents: Katandra Shanel Jackson ” A Woman People Should Know”
YoTrip Presents: Katandra Shanel Jackson “A Woman People Should Know”
Below is my second feature blog post in honor of Women’s History Month. It is important that we celebrate the beauty and brains of women. Please enjoy learning about these fascinating women and then make sure you support them in their passions, projects, and products.
–Who are you? Please share something about yourself and your business.
1) I am Katandra Shanel Jackson. Daughter, Sister, Mother, Amiga, Girlfriend. Lover of children, animals, all things literary, antiques/old things, tattoos and 4 inch stilettos. I am the Owner/Operator at Sun-Kissed Under A Georgia Sky, Quilted blankets by Kat… Foundation Starter of Angel Eyes Foundation, a 501c3 entity that is educating the masses and raising awareness about child sexual abuse… Chief Everything Officer (CEO), Editor-At-Large at FreedomInk Publishing… Overall Entrepreneur. I am WOman…
–What makes you a “Woman People Should Know”?
2) I feel that we each bring something different to the table which is life. What I bring is a never-ending oasis of creativity and ingenuity that is industry forward… not to mention my own nerdy, quirky, sassy, fearless sense of style and mannerism to match.
–When did you find out that you had that something special that you wanted to share with the world?
3) My ‘something special’ was stumbled upon very much like that of unearthing a hidden gem! Books. I kept a diary during my pre-teen years and began writing poetry that was based on my everyday existence. Real life is sometimes stranger than fiction. At the age of 29 for the 2nd or 3rd time (I’ve officially lost count at that fountain of youth!) I began posting entries via my first blog. The Diary of A Bride To Be. A lot of folks were really relating and enjoying the entries and several were making comment about how I should turn the blog into a book. So I contacted several Literary Agents and after not getting the prompt and proper response of submitting the type of book ‘they’ wanted to read, I sought a Self-Publishing company and took the necessary steps to release my first in print book! Soon after I met FreedomInk 1st Published Author, Richard McKinney. With a major vote of trust and confidence from him, I published Redemption!! That was in 2011. It is now 2013 and at current, FreedomInk along with it’s imprint, Oppidian, houses 11 Authors, myself included and there are 17 titles under the umbrella! All but 4 have been published and released and are available wherever books are sold!!
–Where can people find out more about you?
4) My life is an open book. I’d provide my phone number if it’d speed the connection. The best place to find me is via social media. My facebook account is always up, Katandra Shanel Jackson / FreedomInk Publishing / SunKissedUnderAGeorgiaSky / Angel Eyes Foundation. Twitter @FreedomInk365 . Email me at email@example.com To connect with myself, the COO of FreedomInk, the Authors of FreedomInk, to learn about the exciting titles available, to learn more about FreedomInk, Angel Eyes, Sun-Kissed…www.freedomink365.com There’s not an app, but there certainly is a tab for that.
–How do you make it all happen?
5) Lots of sleepless nights. Sacrifice. By the general understanding that in order for the dream to be achieved, I must take me as an individual out of the equation. Mostly I’m able to do this because no matter who comes in and out of my life, no matter the ups and downs, no matter the setbacks and do-over’s, my children believe in me! They are my life-force, my reason for being, my reason to give everyday my all. They are why I make it happen. They believe in me and that in-turn fuels the dream.