Tuesday Thoughts by YoTrip for November 20, 2012-National Adoption Month (Vol.11, Iss.3)
November is National Adoption Month and it is such a selfless act to open your heart, your home, and your head to another person. The love, support, joy and completeness that families give to children by bringing them into their families is a beautiful thing. I salute the countless numbers of people who adopted and understand the power making the difference in the life of others.
History of National Adoption Month
National Adoption Month has been celebrated for 17 years. Explore the history of National Adoption Month in this section.
- 1976: Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis announced an Adoption Week to promote awareness of the need for adoptive families for children in foster care.
- 1984: President Reagan proclaimed the first National Adoption Week.
- 1995: President Clinton expanded the awareness week to the entire month of November.
- 1998: President Clinton directed the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to develop a plan to expand the use of the Internet as a tool to find homes for children waiting to be adopted from foster care.
Efforts to use the Internet—and social media—in adoption recruitment and retention continue today.
Celebrating National Adoption Month
Every November, a Presidential Proclamation launches activities and celebrations to help build awareness of adoption throughout the nation. Thousands of community organizations arrange and host programs, events, and activities to share positive adoption stories, challenge the myths, and draw attention to the thousands of children in foster care who are waiting for permanent families. http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/about/history.cfm
Keep the people impacted by Hurricane Sandy in your thoughts and prayers.
****Rest Peacefully Monica Harris Spires*****
Young Entrepreneurs Society, YES! Hosts monthly social networking events to encourage and cultivate professional growth and business development
*****Join Dr. Loretta Faith Harris for the “Developing the Business Professional Workshop Series” Saturday,December 15 , 2012 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (ET) Orlando, FL to register go tohttp://dbp3.eventbrite.com/ ******
Do you want to be inspired and learn how to live triumphantly? Listen to the Dr. Loretta Faith Harris Radio Show on Wednesday’s from 6:30 pm-7:00 pm EST, join us http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lorettafaithharris
Turning Back Is NOT An Option!
~Words and Thoughts Artist~
mouth, sweet sounds to my ears.The
results of a love affair between
pen and paper, words”
- National Adoption Day: 17 Celebrities With Adopted Children (GALLERY) (celebuzz.com)
- National Adoption Month Means a Happy Day for Some Foster Care Kids (kcrg.com)
- It’s November and That Means It’s National Adoption Month (dontwelookalike.com)
- November is National Adoption Month! (ctworkingmoms.com)
- Six Newaygo County children find their forever homes on National Adoption Day (mlive.com)
- 13 children adopted in Union County as part of National Adoption Month (nj.com)
- Florida Celebrates National Adoption Month (tampa.cbslocal.com)