Tuesday Thoughts by YoTrip for 11/13/12-The Air We Breathe (Vol.11, Iss.2)
The Air We Breathe
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is a serious lung disease which makes it hard to breathe. Also known by other names, such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, COPD is now the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States and also causes long-term disability.
The number of people who have COPD is on the rise — more than 12 million are currently diagnosed with it. And it is estimated that another 12 million may have COPD but not realize it.
If you or someone you know has symptoms such as chronic coughing, shortness of breath or wheezing, see your doctor or health care provider for a simple breathing test. By taking steps now, and talking with your doctor or health care provider about treatment options, you can breathe better and enjoy a more active life.
Did You Know?
- COPD is the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States and causes serious, long-term disability
- COPD kills more than 120,000 Americans each year. That’s one death every 4 minutes
- More than 12 million people are diagnosed with COPD
- An additional 12 million likely have COPD and don’t even know it http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/lung/copd/index.htm
Keep the people impacted by Hurricane Sandy in your thoughts and prayers.
****Rest Peacefully Monica Harris Spires*****
Young Entrepreneurs Society, YES! Hosts monthly social networking events to encourage and cultivate professional growth and business development
*****Join Dr. Loretta Faith Harris for the “Developing the Business Professional Workshop Series” Saturday,December 15 , 2012 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (ET) Orlando, FL to register go tohttp://dbp3.eventbrite.com/ ******
Do you want to be inspired and learn how to live triumphantly? Listen to the Dr. Loretta Faith Harris Radio Show on Wednesday’s from 6:30 pm-7:00 pm EST, join us http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lorettafaithharris
Turning Back Is NOT An Option!
Yolanda Clay Triplett
~Words and Thoughts Artist~
mouth, sweet sounds to my ears.The
results of a love affair between
pen and paper, words”
- What to Do After a COPD Diagnosis (5min.com)
- COPD Awareness Month (everydayhealth.com)
- The Best Diet for COPD Patients (everydayhealth.com)
- COPD: 8 Ways to Avoid Infections (everydayhealth.com)
- House Call: COPD – Signs, Symptoms and Treatment (myfox8.com)