Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for 10/11/12 Guest Post by Dr. Darcova Triplett, STRUT FOR A CURE CELEBRATIONS (Vol.10, Iss.2)
STRUT FOR A CURE CELEBRATIONS
Guest Post by Dr. Darcova Triplett
Dr. Darcova Triplett is the Editor-in-Chief of STRUT! The Magazine. This magazine was created to provide the platform for women to walk in confidence, competence and conviction. What started out as a magazine has transformed into a movement that empowers women to explore their gifts and talents and then use them to positively influence and impact the world. In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Dr. Triplett will be recognized in history as the brainchild for STRUT FOR A CURE. Under the direction of Dr. Triplett, on Saturday, October 6, 2012, supporters in Nevada, California, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia and New York will simultaneously declare victory over this disease that directly affects 1 in 8 women. STRUT FOR A CURE has been created to educate women about this devastating disease that carries the following statistics:
1) For women in the United States of America, breast cancer is the most common cancer.
2) African American women under the age of 45 are more likely than any other ethnic group to develop and die from breast cancer.
3) About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer.
STRUT FOR A CURE stands on the shoulders of Annie Doris Brown and Bieace Brown- King. Through this endeavor, Dr. Triplett celebrates the life of her grandmother, Annie Doris Brown, who traded in her PINK boxing gloves for Angel Wings in 2010. She also supports her mother, Bieace Brown- King, who is a one year breast cancer Survivor. “Watching that disease spread through my grandmother’s body was overwhelming. And when my mother was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer, I felt compelled to do something,” proclaims Darcova. Thus, STRUT FOR A CURE. When Dr. Triplett reached out to family and close friends throughout the United States of America, they eagerly took on the vision and agreed to serve as hostesses. Thanks to Candice Lockhart Smith (California), Keisha Clark (Louisiana), Yolanda Triplett and Wanda Winston (Florida), Trinette Collier (Georgia) and La Verne Newton (New York), STRUT FOR A CURE is destined to reach the masses.
Monetary contributions collected during the STRUT FOR A CURE extravaganza will be donated to Mothers, Daughters and Sisters Against Breast Cancer, Inc. where the focus is on helping uninsured and underinsured women pay for mammograms. Dr. Triplett is on the Board of Directors for this nonprofit organization and her mother, Bieace Brown-King, is the Co-Founder.
Turning Back Is NOT An Option!
Yolanda Clay Triplett
~Words and Thoughts Artist~
http://www.yotrip-wordsandthoughts.blogspot.comFollow me on Twitter:@yotrip729
Find me on Facebook: facebook.com/yolanda.c.triplett
or visit my page http://www.facebook.com/YoTrip
mouth, sweet sounds to my ears.The
results of a love affair between
pen and paper, words”
- Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for 10/4/12-STRUT FOR A CURE…THE ORLANDO EDITION (Vol.10, Iss.1) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Thoughts by YoTrip for October 9, 2012-Check Your Breast…It Is Not An Option (Vol.10, Iss.2) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Women Strut Through Forest Park For Breast Cancer Awareness (hot1041stl.com)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month; (emancipationofawriter.wordpress.com)