Tuesday Thoughts by YoTrip for August 28, 2012-HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BESSE COOPER (Vol.8, Iss.3)
Can you image living on this earth and in this world for ten and half decades? On Sunday, August 26, 2012, Besse Cooper made it back into the history book as the world’s oldest living person at a young 116 years-old. Yes, I did say 116 and back in the history books.
Miss Besse, was the oldest person up until last year when,Cooper was first recognized as the world’s oldest living person by Guinness World Records in January 2011, but had to give up the title a few months later when officials discovered that Brazilian-born Maria Gomes Valentim was 48 days older.
However, Valentim died on June 21, 2011, and Cooper was reinstated and has held that title ever since. She is one of only eight people — and four Americans — who have been confirmed to be at least 116.http://huff.to/PN7fqW
This lady who hails from a small town called Monroe, Georgia was celebrated by the town with a bridge to be named after her. Her living, can be attributed to minding her own business and staying away from junk food.
Happy birthday Miss Besse Cooper, we salute you and your years!
— Keep the victims and families of the Aurora, Colorado massacre and the Sikh temple in Oak Creek,Wisconsin in your continual thoughts and prayer. God can only heal the heavy hearts of his people.
Write your Story. Join the Orlando Renaissance Writers Guild. http://www.orwriters.org/ Purchase a copy of the collaborative book an “Anthology”
Turning Back Is NOT An Option!
~Words and Thoughts Artist~
mouth, sweet sounds to my ears.The
results of a love affair between
pen and paper, words”
- Worlds oldest woman celebrates 116th birthday (bazaardaily.com)
- Happy 116th: World’s oldest person has bridge named in her honor (ajc.com)
- World’s Oldest Person Turns 116 (extremelongevity.net)
- Meet the oldest person in the world (gnosticbent.wordpress.com)
- Besse Cooper, World’s Oldest Woman, Turns 116! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Advice From the World’s Oldest Person (livingwiseblog.wordpress.com)
- A life spanning 3 centuries (metronews.ca)