Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for August 2, 2012- Living Her Life Like It’s Golden…Gabby Douglas
Living Her Life Like It’s Golden…Gabby Douglas
Douglas said she had felt confident all along that she would win.
“It was just an amazing feeling,” she said, giggling. “I was just like, Believe, don’t fear, believe.”
Just five months ago, Martha Karolyi, the coordinator of the women’s national team, did not think Douglas had what it took to be an Olympian. She lacked confidence and focus, Karolyi said, even as recently as a few weeks ago.
Douglas disagreed. As this year went on, she thought more and more that she could make the London Games — and win. After sacrificing so much, she had no other choice but to push forward, she said. http://nyti.ms/RkyOon
Gabby Douglas has shown the world that when others count you out, if you believe in yourself and your ability to win, there is nothing that can stop you on your path to greatness. The Olympic two-time gold medalist, is living her life-like its golden and she is shining bright for all the world to see. Congratulations Gabrielle “Gabby” Douglas, your winning spirit and heart of gold shows in your dedication to the sport and are one of the grand representatives of Team USA!
- U.S. Olympian Gabby Douglas Wins Gold Medal in Gymnastics! (justjared.com)
- Gabby Douglas Pictures – U.S. Female Gymnast (everyjoe.com)
- Gabby Douglas wins all-around gold (msn.foxsports.com)
- Gabby Douglas: The Olympic Golden Child (atlantablackstar.com)
- Gabby Douglas Wins Gold! Makes History For African Americans and America (praisecharlotte.com)
- Gabby Douglas Wins Gold Medal In Women’s All Around Gymnastic Competition (theuptownlounge.com)
- Gabby Douglas Wins All-Around Gold (theroot.com)
- American Douglas wins all-around Olympic gold (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Gabby Douglas Wins All-Around Olympic Gold Medal [PHOTOS] (socialitelife.com)
- Gabrielle “Gabby” Douglas Brings Home Gold In Gymnastics All Around (theobamacrat.com)
- The Faith of Olympic Champion Gabrielle Douglas and the Strength of Her Mother (wisdomformom.com)
- President Obama calls Gabby Douglas, congratulates her on gold medal performance (thegrio.com)