A Vital Resource To Stroke Victims: The Caregivers
The victim of a stroke need someone to help them as they recover and heal from the affects of their stroke. The caregiver is the person who provides care, concern and compassion to the stroke victim. Those who provide assistance give of themselves to ensure the stroke victim, has the things they need on their journey to recovery.
Being a caregiver requires patience and persistence when interacting with both the stroke victims and other resources. Please read and share the information below.
Caregivers/family members play a prominent role throughout the post-stroke recovery process. Caregivers/family members are essential to successful home care and too often are ignored. Caring for stroke survivors at home can cause high levels of emotional, mental and physical stress. In addition to distress, disruption of employment and family life makes caregiving very challenging. Family caregivers can promote positive post-stroke recovery outcomes; however, they need to care for themselves as well. Post-stroke recovery varies for each person; even if the stroke survivor returns to work and maintains a large amount of autonomy, family members may play a bigger role in the stroke survivor’s live than before the stroke.
Caregivers/family members of stroke survivors: You are not alone. National Stroke Association is dedicated to providing educational programs and resources to help you navigate the challenging post-stroke recovery journey.
Caregivers/family members may:
The read more go to http://www.stroke.org/site/PageServer?pagename=CARE
his month I will highlight and bring awareness to National Stroke Awareness
- ‘Struggling To Recover’. Stroke Association – Supported By Groupon #2 (groupon.co.uk)
- Stroke Recovery: Tips for the Caregiver (webmd.com)
- Drug boosts stroke recovery (thesciencebulletin.wordpress.com)
- Jacksonville Family Caregiver Receives National Recognition for Compassionate Service (prweb.com)
- How an Appreciation for the Arts May Boost Stroke Recovery (healthland.time.com)
- Caregiving and Family Economics (homecaresystems.typepad.com)