Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for January 12, 2012- Blazing New Paths (Vol.1, Iss.2)
Blazing New Paths
Comfort can be found in the faces, the spaces, and the places that you find to be familiar. In the land of familiarity, you find it is easy to be around people you know, things you know and areas you know. It takes a great deal of courage to make a decision to go beyond the familiar and comfortable.
Once you decide to move pass what you know to get to a place where you can grow, you are Blazing New Paths. Here is a great example of how to exercise that Blazing New Paths spirit.
For the last eighteen years Laketha Anderson used her pleasant personality to connect herself to people in her organization. From the bottom to the top of Orange County Government everyone had encountered Laketha’s big smile that lights up the room as she trained the masses on policies, procedures and process.
Learning was a key component for Laketha and she did not only speak it, she walked it by Blazing New Paths and obtaining a college degree. Recognizing that wisdom is important, Laketha always surrounds herself with those who have knowledge that was useful to her professionally and personally.
The need to move to the next level nudged Laketha to explore other avenues, Blazing New Paths was the next step. It was exciting and scary at the same time, yet it was time for Laketha to start on another journey and to start Blazing New Paths.
At Laketha’s going away gathering colleagues, co-workers, and well-wishers were feeling a torn between joy and sadness to see her depart from a place of comfort and familiar. As she fought back tears, I could see that as much as she loved her job, it was her time to shine and she was soaring.
Congratulations Laketha Anderson, former Human Resources Expert for Orange County Government on her taking the big steps and Blazing New Paths at Darden Restaurants in their Human Resources. Laketha, enjoy the next phase of your professional life, we will miss your smiling face in the place but know that you are going forward and Blazing New Paths.
“FOCUS FORWARD in 2012”
Turning Back Is NOT An Option!
Yolanda Clay Triplett
~Words and Thoughts Artist~
“Words the joyful noise of my
mouth, sweet sounds to my ears.The
results of a love affair between
pen and paper, words”
- Path is on a new path, with huge growth since re-release (digitaltrends.com)
- Trail Blazing….Day Three Hundred, Fifty Five (jodistone.wordpress.com)
- New beginnings (authormariagrace.com)
- Authority Does Not Make You a Leader (bornleader.net)
- YoTrip-Words and Thoughts Blog 2011 Annual Report for Tuesday,January 10,2012 (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for January 5, 2012- Achieve in 2012 (Vol.1, Iss.1) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for October 20, 2011-Celebrate Life (Vol.10, Iss.2) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- YoTrip-Words and Thoughts for Friday, February 11, 2011-RELATIONSHIPS (Vol.2, Iss.5) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thinking by Yotrip for September 22, 2011 When Autumn Blazes In…(Vol.6, Iss.2) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thinking by YoTrip for December 8,2011-Make This The Season of Giving Back to People (Vol.12,Iss.2) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Thoughts by YoTrip for January 3, 2012-FOCUS FORWARD (Vol.1, Iss.1) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Thoughts by YoTrip for, September 20, 2011-What Makes You Take A Stand? (Vol.6, Iss.3) (yotrip.wordpress.com)
- Thursday Thinking By YoTrip for November 18, 2010-Now is the time to unlock your POTENTIAL for becoming better (Vol.6, Iss.2) (yotrip.wordpress.com)